Candida, a single-celled microscopic fungus, presents in the human body containing the genus of yeast. The fungal infection caused by uncontrolled candida growth is called candidiasis. Some types of healthy bacteria in the human body can control the levels of candida which are generally found in the intestine, mouth, and vagina. Lack of immunity and the disruption of healthful bacteria levels can create candida overgrowth. Some factors can lead to this type of infection such as intake of high alcohol, diabetes, using antibiotics and contraceptives, high levels of stress, weak immune system and consumption of a high amount of refined carbs and sugar. Candida overgrowth symptoms are as follows:
4 Candida Overgrowth Symptoms And Their Cure
Exhaustion or Tiredness
Usually, exhaustion or tiredness is a symptom of candida overgrowth. Specifically, the deficiency of magnesium develops fatigue or tiredness. The other conditions such as deficiency of essential fatty acids or omega 3s and vitamin B6 often creates exhaustion. A weak immunity is associated with fungal infection of candida. Symptoms of candida overgrowth-related to exhaustion or tiredness are:
- Loss of energy
- General malaise
- Chronic fatigue
- Inability to concentrate
- Poor memory
Repeated Urinary Tract or Genital Candidiasis
Presence of Candida in the vagina is very common. Generally, women suffer from fungal infection due to vaginal candida overgrowth. Men may get genital fungal infections rarely. Vaginal candida overgrowth symptoms include:
- Swelling and redness of the vagina and the outer region of the female genital, vulva
- Painful intercourse
- Immense itchiness in the vagina
- Discharge of a thick and ‘white cottage’ from the vagina
- Menstrual irregularities such as bleeding, pain etc.
Symptoms of candida overgrowth for men may include itchiness and rash on the penis.
Oral Thrush or Oral Candidiasis
When candida overgrowth spreads in throat and mouth, it causes a fungal infection known as thrush. It is very common in a newborn baby, the aged and people with weak immunity. Sometimes, removable denture and the poor oral hygienic condition can develop the risk for oral candidiasis. Oral candida overgrowth symptoms are:
- Soreness and redness in throat and mouth
- Yellow or white patches on lips, tongue, the roof of the mouth, gums and inner part of cheeks
- Feeling of pain for swallowing when candidiasis increases to the throat
A healthy digestive system depends on a perfect balance of good and bad bacteria which live in the human body. Generally, good bacteria help in the processing of fibres, starches and some types of sugar. You may have digestive issues due to the imbalance of bacteria. Candida overgrowth symptoms related to digestive issues include:
- Gas and bloating
- Several gastrointestinal tract diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
The other candida overgrowth symptoms are rectal itching, acne, eczema, thyroid dysfunction, allergies, psoriasis, toenail fungus and auto-immune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.
Ways to Get Rid of Candidiasis
There are several ways to reduce the issues of candidiasis and some of these are as follows.
- Maintain a proper diet: You should eat foods which contain low levels of sugar as well as refined carbohydrates. You should also avoid the foods comprised of yeast and mould. By following this type of food habit for a long time, you can control the levels of sugar to reduce candida overgrowth. You must include fibrous food within your diet to prevent candida overgrowth.
- Reduce depression: You should learn ways to relax. You must perform something which involves the power of your mind. You must practice deep breathing, yoga, mindfulness, and meditation to reduce hour depression.
- Generate healthy or good bacteria: Apply probiotics to generate the gut with good or healthy bacteria. You should use anti-fungal herbs and medications considering candida overgrowth symptoms. You should make an appointment with an experienced medical advisor to get the best treatment for your candidiasis.
- Mark predisposing factors: You should avoid using of steroids, antibiotics or hormones without an absolute medically needs. If you use so many NSAIDs, they can ruin your gut lining. Due to the injury of the gut, there is a risk for the growth of yeast and unhealthy bacteria in your body.
Home Remedies for Vaginal Candidiasis
There are several home remedies to reduce candidiasis issues and some of these are as follows:
- You can use boric acid with flu-cytosine as anti-fungal agents or capsules of vaginal boric acid to reduce your vaginal candidiasis issues.
- You can apply tea tree oil mixing with a carrier oil like coconut oil to reduce vaginal candidiasis symptoms.
- Use oregano oil which contains anti-fungal elements like carvacrol and thymol to reduce your vaginal fungal infection.
- A vaginal cream, which contains thyme and garlic, can treat the vaginal yeast infection.
So, you can control candida overgrowth symptoms by following the above-mentioned ways and you will get a healthy life to live. It is essential to reduce the issues of candidiasis at an early stage to prevent it from causing and spreading more severe complications.