Stress is one type of usual reaction within the body and it needs a response or an adaptation. The body behaves to these changes with mental, emotional and physical responses. As a usual part of our life, you can undergo stress from your thought, environment, and your body. The body’s auto-nervous system involves build-in-stress response which creates physiological change to assist the body to fight against the stressful condition. 11 Practical ways to deal with stress are as follows.
Practical Ways To Deal With Stress
Think About That You Can Control And React On That
Sometimes, you try to manage troublesome things. When you become failure to accomplish the work, you feel stress and helpless. So, it is very important to choose or think about the right thing which is within your capacity. Thus, you will achieve success by performing or thinking the right thing and avoiding your stress.
Exercise plays an important role to combat your stress. By doing exercise regularly, you can reduce your anxiety as well as stress. It is one of the most popular ways to deal with stress. There are some reasons and these are:
- Exercise reduces the secretion of stress hormones. It also improves the releasing of endorphins which develop your positive energy and mood acting as natural painkillers.
- Exercise enhances your good sleep which can eliminate anxiety and stress.
- By exercising regularly, you can feel confident and competent within your body. Your good health will promote your mental wellbeing.
You can improve your mood by using fragrance or aroma and this procedure is known as aromatherapy. You can use essential oil or burning incense stick or candle to reduce your feeling of anxiety and stress. Some soothing smells are rose, lavender, roman chamomile, ylang-ylang, geranium, neroli, bergamot, sandalwood, vetiver etc.
Reduce Intake Of Caffeine
Caffeine, a stimulant, presents in chocolate, tea, coffee and energy drinks. The high amount of caffeine can create anxiety and stress. You can reduce the intake of caffeine to get relief from stress.
Spend Your Free Time Relaxing With Your Family And Friends
Social supports from your family and friends will help you to reduce your stress and depression. You can eliminate your depression by spending your free time with your family and friends.
Laugh Like A Kid
Laugh helps to keep your good health. It is an ideal way to get relief from tension or stress by relaxing the muscles. It can change your mood or immunity. You can find humor by enjoying a funny comedy show or funny film or spending time with your funny friends.
Join A Yoga Class
You can choose yoga as one of the best ways to deal with stress. Yoga acts effectively as an anti-depressant drug to treat anxiety and depression. It helps to improve your nervous system, blood pressure, and mood disorder.
Believe In Mindfulness
Your mindfulness will help you to combat depression and stress. There are several procedures to develop mindfulness. You can follow cognitive therapy related to mindfulness or meditation and yoga to achieve mindfulness.
Perform The Work Considering Your Choice
You can overcome your stress when you perform the work according to your choice or what you love. Even if you feel stress within your job, you can choose one hobby to eliminate your stress or depression. Otherwise, you can choose the activities which are meaningful or fulfilling your satisfaction.
Make A Wise Time Management
Time plays a major role in life. Sometime, people can’t fulfil their target due to lack of time. Then, they feel depression and stress in life. If you can manage or use your time wisely, you can find more time to fulfil your target within your life. By achieving a successful life, you can overcome stress and depression. You can live a happy life.
Use Supplements For Stress Reduction
There are several supplements, which are advantageous to reduce your stress. Some of these are:
- Green tea: Green tea contains several polyphenol antioxidants that offer health benefits. It can increase serotonin levels to decrease anxiety and stress.
- Lemon Balm: Lemon balm acts as an anti-anxiety agent and it belongs to the mint family.
- Ashwagandha: Ayurvedic medicines contain Ashwagandha and these medicines are used to treat depression and stress.
- Kava Kava: Kava kava belongs to pepper family and acts as a psychoactive agent.
- Fatty acids omega 3s: Fatty acids omega 3s supplements can reduce the symptoms of anxiety.
- Valerian: Valerian root is well-known as a sleep aid as it acts as a tranquilliser. It has valerenic acid that helps to alter gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA) receptors to decrease anxiety.
If you feel stress continuously, it leads to distress or a negative stress reaction. Distress hampers the body’s internal equilibrium or balance and results in different physical symptoms such as upset stomach, headache, chest pain, high blood pressure, and sexual dysfunction. You can follow the above-mentioned ways to deal with stress to get a positive result.